In this edition of the Priori Digest, a weekly look at what’s happening in law and technology, legal change is afoot: our friends at Kira Systems raised a whopping $50 million Series A for their machine learning contract review and analysis platform, and outside funding of law firms may finally be gaining momentum. Enjoy!
What we’re reading
- BeyondM&A is an exciting new legal technology tool that makes M&A deals much easier to analyze
- A new study by the OECD finds that nearly half of jobs are vulnerable to automation. It also breaks down and compares the risk in each country
- The alumni of these universities raised the most venture capital in the past year
- Is the idea of outside ownership of law firms finally gaining some momentum?
- Millennial GCs are poised to change law departments dramatically
What in the weird
- The maker of Sriracha hot sauce is facing a lawsuit in southern California for emitting a stench so bad that it disturbed residents
- Australians have been flooding their politicians with requests for free portraits of Queen Elizabeth II after a forgotten legislative quirk surfaced which enables to citizens to request ‘nationhood material’
By the numbers
- 50 million: Charts that highlight European VC trends
- 98: The percentage of Chinese internet users that are on mobile