Immigration Lawyers & Attorneys - Priori

Immigration Lawyers & Attorneys

In our increasingly interconnected world, immigration issues arise frequently, particularly in the areas of business immigration law (also known as corporate immigration) and immigration compliance. Three of the most common business immigration needs are:

  • U.S.-based businesses hiring foreign workers;

  • Foreign companies looking to open a satellite office on American soil; or

  • Foreign founders looking to start a U.S.-based company.

Regardless of your situation, working with an experienced attorney can help you navigate the complex and time-consuming world of business immigration law. A lawyer can help determine the type of visa best-suited for your situation and complete the necessary application and paperwork. Priori is committed to helping you find the right immigration lawyer to hire new talent or grow your business while maintaining compliance with business immigration law.

In many cases, if you would like to hire someone who does not have work authorization in the United States, you will need to sponsor the prospective employee for a work visa. The type of visa that is appropriate to your specific case will depend on the duration of the worker’s stay in the U.S. as well as his or her specialization and country of origin.

There are two categories of nonimmigrant visas for business-related travel to the United States. These are Business Visitor (B-1) Visas and Temporary Worker Visas. A B-1 visa is used for individuals traveling to the U.S. for a specific business-related purpose who will not be compensated for this travel by a U.S. company. If an employee will be paid by a company while in the U.S., a Temporary Worker Visa is most appropriate. 

H1-B Visas

One of the most commonly requested temporary worker visas is the H1-B visa for employees in specialized occupations. Learn more about H1-B visas. >>

E-1 and E-2 Visas

As a foreign founder in particular, the visas best suited to your needs may be the E-1 Treaty Trader Visa or the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. The E-1 classification allows a citizen of treaty countries with the U.S. to work in the U.S. in international trade. The E-2 classification is similarly for citizens of treaty countries and specifically for individuals investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. Learn more about E Visas. >>


To permanently employ a foreigner in a U.S.-based company, you will need to complete the process to provide them with an Employment Based Visa (EB-1 through EB-5). Several of these visas require evidence of extraordinary ability in your field. 

These are only a few of the many employment-based visas available. Talk to a lawyer to understand the full suite of your options and determine which is most appropriate for your particular situation.

A Green Card holder is granted authorization to permanently live and work in the United States. There are several ways to obtain a Green Card. An individual may be sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States or may file individually, if eligible. The main ways to immigrate based on employment include a job offer, investment in a U.S. enterprise, self-petition or immigration for special categories of jobs.

There are also two categories of family-based immigrant visas: unlimited immediate relative immigrant visas and limited family preference immigrant visas. These visas may be practical alternatives to employment-based visas if your employee meets the visa requirements. 

An experienced immigration attorney can help you make sure you follow the correct procedures to secure visas or setup your company’s operations in the US, so you can focus on growing your business.


Get started by telling us a little bit about your legal needs and a member of our team will begin working on your matchmaking process.