What is Priori Legal?
Priori Legal is a curated online marketplace that connects our network of high-quality lawyers with business clients.
How does it work?
Clients request lawyers using our online platform and, after verifying their accounts, view their suggested lawyers’ profiles, send messages and schedule phone consultations with lawyers from their dashboards. After a phone consultation, lawyers accept matters from their own dashboards and begin work, using our proprietary billing software to enter their time. Priori takes care of invoicing and collections.
Is Priori a referral service?
Priori is not a referral service. Our business model does not involve a referral fee and there is no out-of-pocket expense for lawyers to join our network. Priori does not recommend or obtain employment for lawyers. Rather, Priori curates its vetted network of lawyers for clients who, in turn, pay a management fee to us for the use of our platform. The selection of attorneys offered to users who request a lawyer is based solely on objective criteria.
Is Priori a law firm?
Priori is not a law firm. While certain members of our staff are lawyers, they are not practicing law at Priori and cannot render any legal services to clients. We inform all clients that the services we provide are not, and should never be, a substitute for legal advice from a lawyer.
What types of lawyers are in the Priori network?
Priori lawyers are leading boutique and small firm practitioners. Priori lawyers have:
- Worked at some of the highest-rated law firms, according to U.S. News, Vault, and American Lawyer
- Represented Fortune 500 and high-growth companies as both in-house and outside counsel
- Taught as professors and adjunct professors at top-ranked law schools
- Clerked in federal and state courts
- Received top-lawyer honors from Super Lawyers, American Bar Association, and Martindale-Hubbell
- Held (and continue to hold) leadership positions in national, state, and regional bar associations
Attorney Network Eligibility
What are the minimum requirements to join the Priori attorney network?
If you are interested in becoming a Priori lawyer, you can start by submitting an online application. You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for membership in the Priori network:
- Be an attorney in good standing.
- Have at least 5 years’ relevant, post-bar admission legal experience. The average Priori lawyer has 10 to 15 years’ experience.
- Carry malpractice insurance of at least $100,000 per incident and $500,000 in the aggregate per year.
What is the Priori vetting process?
Priori cares about maintaining a professional, trusted and competitive network of attorneys, so all lawyer applicants undergo an extensive vetting process before they can be admitted to the network. The vetting process includes our online application, a face-to-face interview, and two reference checks (one client and one supervising attorney).
Does Priori require lawyers to carry malpractice insurance?
Yes. All Priori lawyers must carry current malpractice insurance of $100,000 per incident and $500,000 in the aggregate per year.
How much does it cost to be part of Priori's attorney network?
Lawyers pay nothing to join the Priori network. We only require that each lawyer in the network offer Priori clients a free 30-minute preliminary phone consultation and at least a discount of 25% off their usual hourly rates.
Interested in applying? Complete an online application.