What is Priori?
Priori is a digital legal marketplace for corporate legal departments. Our platform enables in-house counsel to efficiently find and hire lawyers from our vetted lawyer network for specialist projects, overflow support and temporary placements. We work with leading companies including Macmillan, Artsy, Via and DreamHost.
What services do we provide?
We partner with legal departments to source quality lawyers for the following needs:
- Traditional legal services (i.e. transactional, advisory, litigation)
- Overflow support (e.g. commercial contracts, IP portfolio management, litigation support)
- Part-time and full-time staffing and secondment
How does it work?
Clients submit detailed requests for their legal needs via our online platform. Priori uses a data-driven approach to narrow the list of all potential attorney matches, and finally hand selects the attorneys that best fit the client’s needs. Verified clients can view the profiles of their hand-selected lawyers and engage with those lawyers by either requesting a consultation or sending the lawyer(s) a message through the platform. Priori lawyers and clients work directly together, while using the Priori platform to bill and pay for legal services.
Is Priori a referral service or staffing firm?
Priori is neither a referral service nor a staffing firm. We do not charge lawyers to join our network and take no referral fees. We do not employ attorneys in our network and we do not provide malpractice insurance, health insurance or other employment benefits to attorneys in our network. Lawyers in our network run their own practices or businesses or are separately employed. Priori’s service is to curate our vetted network of lawyers for our clients who, in turn, pay us a management fee for the use of our platform.
What types of clients use Priori?
Our clients are corporate legal departments at companies ranging from high-growth businesses to the Fortune 500. Clients include MacMillan, Artsy, DataXu and many more in the startup, emerging growth and enterprise spaces.
What types of lawyers are in the Priori network?
Priori attorneys are solo and boutique firm practitioners and independent contractors. Priori lawyers have:
- AmLaw 100 and in-house backgrounds
- Represented Fortune 500 and high-growth companies as both in-house and outside counsel
- Taught as professors and adjunct professors at top-ranked law schools
- Clerked in federal and state courts
- Received top-lawyer honors from Super Lawyers, American Bar Association, and Martindale-Hubbell
- Leadership experience in national, state, and regional bar associations
Are there any fees involved?
- There are no fees included for lawyers providing services to Priori clients
- Priori clients pay a management fee for use of Priori's platform services ranging from 10-20%, depending on the level of service provided
For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the requirements to join the Priori network?
- You must be an attorney in good standing
- You must have post-bar admission legal experience
- You must offer a discount of at least 25% off your standard rate to Priori clients. For more details on the required discount, please email email@example.com
- You must carry malpractice insurance or have the ability to obtain it should a client require you to do so
Click here to complete an application to join the network.
Are Priori network attorney profiles to be visible in public searches?
No. Attorney profile information, including the discounted rate, is only shared with verified Priori clients.
Are there any other requirements for participating in the network?
There are two additional requirements for attorneys admitted to the Priori network. All network attorneys must:
- Offer Priori clients a free 30-minute consultation, using our conference line
- Use Priori's proprietary billing software to invoice clients
What is the Priori vetting process?
Priori cares about maintaining a professional, trusted and competitive network of attorneys, so all lawyer applicants undergo an extensive vetting process before they can be admitted to the network. The vetting process includes:
- Application screening
- A face-to-face interview completed via video chat
- Two professional reference checks
How do I join?
If you'd like to join our attorney network, please start by submitting our application.